An American Express card is different from other cards in the way that they operated. It’s an electronic payments card branded by American Express which is a publicly traded financial services company.
The American Express cards are also known as “AmEx”. The American Express cards are issues and process prepaid cards, charge cards, and credit cards that are available to small businesses, individuals, and corporate consumers worldwide.
The American Express is a global travel, financial, and network service provider. During 2008, the American Express bank had tied up with other corporates in India including Indian Airlines, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. (MTNL), and India Today Group to launch co-branded credit cards.
Features of American Express Credit Card
- Easy to use than cash–American Express credit cards are a better alternative to cash. It is easy and the best to use a credit card rather than making payments by cash.
- Payment can be made in any currency – An individual can make payment in any currency with the help of American Express Credit card. A cardholder can make payment through American Express credit cards in the term of domestic as well as foreign currency.
- Payback points– A American Express credit card holder earn Payback points from the American Express Payback Credit card for every spends.
- Pay in easy EMI– American Express Credit card provides a simple and smart way to turn big purchases of ₹ 5,000 and above into easy monthly EMI to the cardholder. It offers loan facility at a low rate of interest, without any kind of paperwork or foreclosure charges.
Benefits of American Express Credit Card
1. Membership rewards points– American Express Credit cards provide membership rewards to its customers. It provides dining vouchers, gift cards and vouchers, travel vouchers, shopping vouchers, and Jewellery vouchers which can be redeemed against the accumulated reward points. The accumulated points can also be redeemed for groceries, travel, fashion and accessories, electronics and one can also shop with the accumulated points.
2. Offers to the cardholders – American Express has tie-ups with leading brands in the worldwide which provides attractive offers for the cardholders. The leading brands are from all the segments ranging from groceries, healthcare, travel, hotels, dining, retail outlets, and so on.
3. Online benefits– The customer can use the online facility to pay the card bill, apply for a supplementary card, and also check the list of transactions via an online facility easily.
4. Insurance – American Express Credit card has tie-ups with some insurance companies in India such as ICICI Lombard, Bharti AXA General Insurance, and PNB MetLife India. It provides an insurance facility to the cardholders such as travel insurance, car insurance, health insurance, personal accident insurance, and life insurance.
5. Customer support: Get a personalized 24×7 service to resolve any queries related to American Express Credit Card. No matter where you are, just get in touch with the customer care service and get assistance on your go.
6. Contactless payment: It’s a convenient and smart way to spend less than INR 2,000 for all your purchases. Just allow the retailer to tap your card on the Contactless machine and your payments are done, and there is no need to enter your credit card PIN.
7. Zero lost card liability: In case you lost your card the Zero lost Card Liability of American Express will cover you from any unauthorized transactions that have been made from your card. You just simply report the embezzlement within 3 days of the card loss and your liability will be zero.
8. Replacement of Card: In case you lose your card, it will be replaced within 2 days by American Express. No matter where you are, you can replace your card from anywhere.