UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is all in one app that was launched by the Narender Modi government.
UMANG app is developed by the e-Governance Division (NeGD) and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) with the idea of driving mobile governance in India.
The main object of the app is to encourage the people to use digital payment transactions nationwide and providing peoples the access to a central, state and local government services such as filing of income tax, making Aadhar, gas cylinder booking, passport Seva, provident fund, and many more using only a single platform.
Individuals can also use this e-governance application from other channels such as via the web, SMS, or IVR.
You can use it for EPF related services, and you can do using the app is the get details of the deposits made towards your EPF during their employment with different employers. However, for this, you need to have an active UAN (Universal Account Number) and a mobile number registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
Download the UMANG app on your smartphone via play store.
Once you have opened the app, go to the search menu, and choose the EPFO option and click on it.
After click on the EPFO option now you can view the EPFO page. The services available here are such as Employee and employer-centric service, general service, and pensioner services. Click on the ’employee centric service’ and proceed further.
Under ’employee centric service’, you can view two services: View passbook and raise the claim. Click on the ‘View Passbook’ tab to know your PF balance/details.
Thereafter, you need to enter your active UAN. Then, you need to click on ‘Get OTP’, and after that, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Make sure that your registered mobile number is active during that particular time and, it has to be with you because you will get only two minutes to enter the OTP.
Once you have entered the OTP successfully, then you can view the complete list of all your EPF accounts created during your employment with different employers. thereafter, to check the balance and entries, click on the employer specific button. All employers’ details will be listed under the ‘passbook account details’ section.
After clicking on it, you can view the details of the deposits made in your EPF account during employment with that particular employer. You also get an option to download the complete passbook on your device.
In the statement, you can check and verify your establishment number, member ID, employer’s name, a complete summary of employee’s share, employer’s share, and pension contribution.
If the app remains inactive for some time, the service gets locked and you will have to login again.
Process of Withdraw EPF using Umang app
Step 1: Download the Umang app
Step 2: Go to the search menu and look for EPFO
Step 3: Choose ‘Employee Centric’, click ‘Raise Claim’ and enter EPF UAN number
Step 4: Enter the OTP that is sent to your phone number, choose the type of withdrawal and submit through Umang
Step 5: A claim reference number will be sent to you and you can use this to track the status of your claim
Important Note: To make EPF claims through this e-governance portal, it is very essential to first have the following re-requites:
- Approved and verified KYC details
- UAN number linked to Aadhaar
- Umang app linked to Aadhaar
- Phone number should be linked to Aadhaar
Features and Benefits of Umang App:
- Services: Consumers can enjoy over 150 services offered by both central and state governments including Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov, and many more. Consumers can also check where Passport Seva Kendra’s are located and they book their appointments.
- Easy to use: Consumers can use the e-governance app is not just limited to smartphones. Instead, they can also use it on a desktop, tablet, or through SMS.
- Customer support: Umang has a dedicated customer support team that resolves all consumer issues. The support team is available every day of the week from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- Languages: The application is available in 12 regional languages such as Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Odia, Punjabi, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Urdu, apart from English.
- Utility bills payment: Consumers can even make easy online payment of various utility bills such as gas, water, electricity, etc.
Services offered by Umang app
1. Employee’s Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) services: Umang app allows users to access EPFO services such as employee centric services and general services. Users will be able to make claims their funds and track their status.
2. National Pension Schemes: Umang app allows users to assess their NPS account, and allow them to check their Tier1, and Tier2 account balance via PRAN and password.
3. LPG services: The Umang app can be used to book LPG gas cylinders online, ask for refills, subsidies, surrender connections, ask for mechanic services, etc. The services can be availed on HP Gas Bharat Gas, and Indene Gas.
4. Digilocker: The app provides a secure cloud-based platform for storing, sharing, and verifying certificates or documents to users.
5. Tax payments: The Umang app also allows users to make payments towards income tax. Taxpayers will be able to use Challan 280 or even check the status of their tax application.
6. Passport Seva: Customers can use the Umang app to access various Passport Seva related services such as locating a center, calculating the fee payments, tracking the status of the application, and checking appointment availability, among others.
7. Ayushman Bharat: The Umang app also offers the assess on the Ayushman Bharat scheme. This is a National Health Protection Scheme currently being implemented as a Pilot Project to provide primary, secondary, and tertiary healthcare networks to masses.
8. ePathshala: This is an initiative of the government of India and the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCRT). Students will have access to e-books, educational audios, and videos, periodicals, learning outcomes, curricular resources, etc. The service can also be used by teachers to get access to educational content and teaching instructions. Parents can also use the portal for the same.
9. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna: The Umang app is designed to provide services that promoted financial inclusions across the country.
10. e-Raktkosh: This app is designed to provide assess to blood banks via large designation, and connectivity of blood banks nationwide.
11. e-Dhara Land Records: by using Umang app users from Gujrat will be able to check their land records with respect to district taluka and villages.
12. Digi Seva: Users can apply for all jobs posted by government organizations through this app.
13. Crop Insurance: All farmers can use this app to calculate the insurance premium and the total sum insured for their produce as per the various schemes that are made available to them by the government of India.
14. Pharma Sahi Daam: This app allows users to look for prices using a search tool for medicines.
15. DL (Driving Licence): Users will also be able to use the Parivahan Sewa -Sarathi and Vahan – to take a look at vehicle registration certificates and download the same.