After retirement, most of the senior citizens are dependent on pensions, which is the sole mode of income for many retired persons. Both Central and State Government employees are also getting a pension on monthly basis after retirement.
To avail of such pensions schemes, beneficiaries need to furnish a life certificate every year in the month of November to the institution that is authorized to disburse pensions into their account.
Earlier the process of availing a life certificate or appearing before the pension disbursement agency was lengthy and cumbersome, especially for the old and ailing pensioners.
Therefore, the Government of India has come up with a solution to eliminating the hassles that come with pension disbursement, and the Government of India digitized the entire process via Digital Life Certificate that is also known as in India Jeevan Pramaan Patra.
What is Jeevan Pramaan Patra or Certificate?
The Jeevan Parmaan Patra is Aadhar based digital service for pensioners that are supported by the biometric authentication system by visiting the Jeevan Pramaan portal or downloading the Jeevan Pramaan app on their smartphones.
Benefits of Jeevan Parmaan Patra?
- Jeevan Pramaan makes it easy for pensioners to submit Digital Life Certificate.
- It is supported by the Aadhar based biometric authentication system which eliminates the chances of fraudulent activities.
- SMS notification is sent to the pensioner on successful Jeevan Pramaan Certificate generation.
- No DLC can be generated without the approval of the pensioner.
- Once submitted, the pensioner gets his monthly pension disbursed in his pension account.
- The certificate is recognized under the IT Act and eliminates the need to appear before a Pension agency to prove their existence.
Eligibility of Jeevan Parmaan Certificate?
Anyone who fulfills the following eligibility criteria can avail of the facility of Jeevan Pramaan Patra –
- Applicants should be pensioners.
- Applicants should be a retired employee of the Central or State Government, and any other Government Institutions.
- Applicants must possess a valid Aadhaar card.
- Applicants’ Aadhaar numbers must be registered with their respective pension disbursement agency.
How a beneficiary enrolls for Jeevan Parmaan Patra?
Beneficiaries can enroll for Jeevan Pramaan Certificate by downloading either a Mobile application or a computer application.
Beneficiaries may also visit a Jeevan Pramaan centre that is near them and get themselves registered on the spot.
Several banks, Government offices, and CSCs serve as Jeevan Pramaan centres.
Beneficiaries are required to provide some essential information such as Aaadhar details, registered mobile number, bank name account number, and pension payment order number.
Follow the steps mentioned below to register for Jeevan Pramaan Patra:
- First of all, open the Jeevan Pramaan app on your device
- Click on the option for new registration
- Enter the required details such as Aadhaar number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account, Bank Name, and your mobile number
- Click on send OTP to generate an OTP and send it to the mentioned mobile number
- Enter this OTP to proceed ahead
- Authenticate your details via biometric verification using Aadhaar Card
- Once you click on submit, your details will be validated by UIDAI and a Pramaan ID will be generated against your details after a successful registration
- You can use this Pramaan ID to login into your Jeevan Pramaan account.
How is Jeevan Pramaan Patra or Certificate Generated?
Beneficiaries need to login to their Jeevan Pramaan app with the help of their Pramaan ID and OTP to generate their Jeevan Pramaan life certificate for pensioners.
By click on the ‘Generate Jeevan Pramaan’ option and providing essential Aadhaar details along with a mobile number, individuals are required to generate an OTP via the ‘Generate OTP’ option.
After entering the OTP and submitting essential details such as–
- Name of the pensioner
- PPO number
- Pension type
- Name of the sanctioning authority
- Name of the sanctioning agency
- Agency Name and email ID
- Marital and employment status
Beneficiaries would be required to click on the ‘No Objection’ option and offer their biometrics. Once everything is authenticated, Jeevan Pramaan would be displayed on their device, and a confirmation SMS would be sent to their registered mobile number containing their Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID.
How to download Jeevan Parmaan Certificate?
Once a Digital Life Certificate (DLC) is generated, it is stored in the Life Certificate Repository.
A pensioner can download the Jeevan Pramaan certificate by the app or by visiting the website. The Pension Disbursing Agency (PDA) can download the Jeevan Pramaan from the Life Certificate Repository of a pensioner.
Here’s how the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate can be downloaded by the PDA:
- A PDA has to login into the registered account at the Jeevan Parmaan portal.
- Jeevan Pramaan of the pensioner can be downloaded by entering the Pramaan ID
- The PDA can view/download the Jeevan Pramaan only when it is shared by the pensioner
- If not registered, a PDA can’t access the Digital Life Certificate of the pensioner